Monday, April 22, 2013

Typography Journal, Week 10


The bold sans serif typeface and the embellishments on this ad for Kraft cheese are what caught my eyes at first. Maybe I'm wrong, but if it were me, I would right align the word endless and maybe move inspiration a little more to the right also. Choosing a different color besides white (maybe a lighter shade of the blue used in the background) might help it from getting lost with the photo behind it.
Next I noticed the serif typeface used in the paragraph under the heading. "Cute" was the first word that came to mind to describe this typeface and I'd like to try to figure out what it is so I can possibly use it myself. It has a low x-height, low contrast, small bowls, eyes, and counters, unbracketed serifs, circular drops, high ascenders, and seemingly short descenders.

The example below is a page from a print magazine article. The reason I chose it was because I feel the hierarchy is well-defined by using color and the organization of the information is easy to follow.





No comments:

Post a Comment