Saturday, March 30, 2013

Typography Journal, Week 7

One of the trends in typography this year is combining several different typefaces. The "rule" is to not use 2 typefaces (sometimes 3, but more than that isn't normally recommended). The first two examples I posted are (in my opinion) effective uses of multiple typefaces and have inspired me to look past what I normally would do and try something different and keep up with current design trends. Isn't that how designers improve their skills? This website has many inspiring examples of current trends in typography: http://www.groovecommerce.com/ecommerce-blog/10-typography-trends-for-web-designers-in-2013/. I was excited to see one of the featured websites is the Society of Design under "#4: White Space"!




This next example is both clever and cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment